IRF: Educational QI Packet for Universities
This educational packet includes a recorded webinar that collegiate instructors can share with their students in order to help them review the guidelines for correctly coding functional assessments in inpatient rehabilitation during the admission and discharge assessment time frames.
The educational packet is also an appropriate resource for training inpatient rehabilitation interns, unlicensed professionals and new hires.
Additionally, the packet includes the following materials that can be used as resources and teaching tools:
- A PDF version of the recorded PowerPoint presentation
- Chapter 2, Section GG, of The IRF‑PAI Manual (most recent version): Use this CMS‑published document to review item definitions, coding instructions and tips, and practice examples.
- Quality Indicator Codes for Section GG (Activity Occurred): Use this document to determine the correct codes for self-care and mobility items when an activity occurred, with or without an assistive device.
- Quality Indicator Codes for Section GG (Activity Not Attempted): Use this document to determine the correct codes for self-care and mobility items when an activity was not attempted.
- University Packet: QI Coding Scenarios: This collection of practice coding scenarios for self‑care and mobility items provides answers and rationales that will help improve your ongoing QI education.
For access to this course for more than one user, bulk pricing and licensing options are available. Contact McBee today to customize your education needs. IRFeducation@mcbeeassociates.com
No refunds. Due to the sensitive nature of the course work, and the intangible nature of the product, McBee is not able to offer refunds on any course materials.