OASIS-D1 Key Items: Functional Score and Star Rating Measures
This focused training covers the OASIS items used for payment and key quality measures. The first half of the course addresses the ADL items to calculate the PDGM functional score (M1800, M1810/1820, M1830, M1840, M1850, M1860) including update-to-date guidance, compare/contrast with associated GG items, and assessment tips.
The second half of the course covers the remaining payment item (M1033) and additional OASIS items used for HH Star rating calculation (M1400, M2020, M0102, M0104, M1005). This course also provides a unique insight to OASIS data collection and assessment from the field clinician viewpoint. The speaker, Teresa Northcutt, “walks through” the process for the first visit to the patient’s home (initial and comprehensive assessment), including strategies to complete accurate and timely assessment of OASIS items and tips for a smooth Start of Care visit process.
This course includes 11 lessons. Each lesson will include an instructional video and post quiz. Once all lessons are completed, there will be a final exam to test your knowledge. At the end of the course, complete the evaluation to download your certificate.
- Overview of OASIS Conventions (23 minutes)
- M1800 Grooming (11 minutes)
- M1810/M1820 Dressing Upper/Lower Body (8 minutes)
- M1830 Bathing (21 minutes)
- M1840 Toilet Transferring (5 minutes)
- M1850 Transferring (14 minutes)
- M1860 Ambulation/Locomotion (17 minutes)
- M1033 Risk for Hospitalization (9 minutes)
- M1400 Shortness of Breath (10 minutes)
- M2020 Management of Oral Medications (11 minutes)
- Timely Initiation of Care (30 minutes)
- Final Exam (30 questions)
This course awards the following continuing education:
- 4.0 Contact Hours for Nurses & Administrators
- Meets Criteria for 4.0 HCS-O Hours
*Purchase term consists of 1 year (52 weeks) of access to the online modules. Access is limited to the purchaser only. Modules may not be recorded, reproduced, or redistributed without the express consent of McBee Associates.
Due to the sensitive nature of the course work, and the intangible nature of the product, McBee is not able to offer refunds on any course materials.