Star Series: Everything you need to know about Star Ratings
Are your Home Health Star Ratings where you want them to be?
This program starts with an overview of Star Ratings, how they are calculated, and how to improve them. Then we take a deep dive into each of the Quality Measures used in the calculation of Star Ratings. The OASIS based Quality Measures are broken into individual modules that review the specific OASIS item guidance, tips and tricks for accuracy, Q&As, practice scenarios, and specific techniques to improve the Quality Measure. The Claims-Based Measure of Acute Care Hospitalization reviews how the measure is calculated, how to identify patients at risk, and the keys to successfully preventing rehospitalization. The final module reviews Patient Survey Star Ratings, how they are calculated, and tips to increase participation and improve scores!
This course includes 9 modules. Each module will include a handout, instructional video(s) and post quiz. At the end of the course, complete the evaluation to download your certificate.
- Star Rating: Introduction to Star Ratings
- Star Rating: Timely Initiation of Care
- Star Rating: Improvement in Ambulation
- Star Rating: Improvement in Bathing
- Star Rating: Improvement in Dyspnea
- Star Rating: Improvement in Management of Orals Meds
- Star Rating: Improvement in Bed Transferring
- Star Rating: Acute Care Hospitalization
- Star Rating: Patient Survey Star Ratings
This course will award the following continuing education...
- 10.0 CEs for nurses & administrators
- Meets criteria for 10.0 HCS-O
*Purchase term consists of 1 year (52 weeks) of access to the online modules. Access is limited to the purchaser only. Modules may not be recorded, reproduced, or redistributed without the express consent of McBee Associates.
Due to the sensitive nature of the course work, and the intangible nature of the product, McBee is not able to offer refunds on any course materials.