CodeProU | Level 1: Essential Concepts in Home Health & Hospice Coding
If you are new to coding or have no previous formal training in coding, this program is the starting point for a career as a professional home health and/or hospice coder.
Coding in home care is different and more challenging…where a professional coder is required to know much more than coding! While code training is available from many sources, not all code training prepares those seeking to code in the home care setting. If your goal is to become a professional home health and/or hospice coder, we invite you to learn more about ICD-10-CM coding with this beginner's course.
This course includes 11 lessons. Each lesson will include a handout, instructional videos and post quizzes. Once all lessons are completed, there will be a final exam to test your knowledge. At the end of the course, complete the evaluation to download your certificate.
- Introduction to Coding (35 minutes)
- OASIS (45 minutes)
- Coding Conventions & Official Guidelines (135 minutes)
- Code Sequencing (55 minutes)
- Navigating Chapter Specific Guidelines: Infectious & Parasitic Diseases, Neoplasms (60 minutes)
- Navigating Chapter Specific Guidelines: Endocrine, Mental & Behavioral, Nervous System (50 minutes)
- Navigating Chapter Specific Guidelines: Circulatory and Respiratory Systems (50 minutes)
- Navigating Chapter Specific Guidelines: Skin, Musculoskeletal (30 minutes)
- Navigating Chapter Specific Guidelines: Genitourinary System, Congenital Conditions, Signs and Symptoms (20 minutes)
- Navigating Chapter Specific Guidelines: Injuries and Complications (35 minutes)
- Navigating Chapter Specific Guidelines: Z Codes (35 minutes)
- Final Exam (80 questions)
***A current ICD-10-CM Coding Manual is required, if you do not have an ICD-10 Coding Manual already, you can order the current manual here ***
This course awards the following continuing education:
- 12.0 Contact Hours for Nurses & Administrators
- Meets Criteria for 12.0 HCS-D Hours
*Purchase term consists of 1 year (52 weeks) of access to the online modules. Access is limited to the purchaser only. Modules may not be recorded, reproduced, or redistributed without the express consent of McBee Associates.
Due to the sensitive nature of the course work, and the intangible nature of the product, McBee is not able to offer refunds on any course materials.